The Early Years Part #2

What are those early years without some very important people being involved.
Below is a picture of my Bubby and Zady. Zady was a watch repairmen by trade. I remember that he had a small watch repair shop in Hartford, CT. I would visit him once in a while in the city, while he was at work. Everytime I saw him there he would have one of those jewelers monocle at his eyes so that he could see what he was repairing. Every morning before going to work, my Bubby would pack him up a peanut butter and banana sandwhich on toast for his lunch...his favorite. Zady was an excellent gardener too. He would grow roses and especially dahlias. Zady was very hard to understand because he spoke with a very heavy slavic accent. Bubby was the nicest person that you would ever want to meet. She loved to cook.
Here is a picture of my other grandparents, Nana and Gramps. Nana and Gramps lived in New London, CT. They owned a furrier shop. Back in those days furs were very sought after, fashionable and a widely accepted garment or accessory. One of my memories of Nana was that she had diabetes and she would sneak a bowl of ice cream or something else that she knew she wasn't supposed to eat. When we would catch her "sneaking", she would have this cheshire cat-like grin on her face.
All of my Grandparents are gone and I miss them very much but my fond memories of them will stay with me always. Stay tuned for more of "The Early Years".

17 comments:

J9 said...

I love the second picture! I think it says it all!

Anonymous said...

this are so be nice blog i like thgis to much how I can do this same you ... nanee007_@hotmail.com from thailand http://amwaymagicwork.blogspot.com

RileyScott said...

Almost all of my grandparents are gone too. I still have one Grandmother, who I probably should be closer with.

Thanks for sharing these special people in your life. I remember that the times with my grandpa in North Carolina, and they are some of my most vivid memories.

Nieves said...

Hello, I like very much you blog, saludos.
masquemaquillaje2009.blogspot.com

Lauren Samuels said...

Sounds like you had a very special relationship with your grandparents. Mine are all still alive and kicking, but my family's crazy. On my grandma's 70th birthday her children kept fighting over who would gonna get what once she passed away. That was really weird.

Lauri xox

Thiago Flores said...

Hey! I came to your blog accidentally... But I've really enjoyed the text and the pictures ^^

Take a look at my blog whenever you have time!

Abraço!

Megan said...

thank you the comment on my blog.I like yours too great pics and awsome videos.

Ahana said...

Hi,thanks for ur comments and support..I really like ur blog..keep going.

budh.aaah said...

Thanks Rick,
'The early years' brings warm memories I am sure for whoever reads it as it did for me.
Whenever I am asked about the best time/moment/memory of my life- I go blank-and only the warm fuzzy haze of my early chlidhood years spent at my grandparents remains..

What is life made of, if not memories.

RJ said...

I loved your blog and all the pictures! I'm not very close to my grandparents and two of them have already gone, but I think it's very important to have older friends. Bye
From Brazil

RJ said...

I loved your blog and all the pictures! I'm not very close to my grandparents and two of them have already gone, but I think it's very important to have older friends. Bye
From Brazil

amplify love said...

Thank you very much. =] You are from edmond?

Lynne said...

Hello there I stumbled across your blog. I am from Connecticut and still live here. I had to LOL at the diabetes and icecream story. My grandfather did the same thing trying to sneak it in and one time I caught him and we ended up having a little fight and threw his spoon at me LOL! At Christmas he always would sneak the little white powdered ball shape cookies, he'd walk out of the kitchen w/a whole bunch in his mouth! lol
Lynne
http://lynne-dancelikenooneiswatchin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the way you talk about them. And I love the pictures, we can see that your grand-parents loved each other.

AREED said...

AW, how sweet! I love how memories come creeping back.
My grandparents have been gone for many years now. But I was very close with them. My parents are also gone now and I find myself daily wishing I had been able to spend more time with them. As an Army wife I left them when I was but 19 years old, and returned 20 years later ( with infrequent visits). I then had two years with them before they both left the world just one year apart from each other.
thanks for sharing
I just love coming here everyday!
Angie

GlorV1 said...

My Grandparents have been gone and I too miss them. There is always something special that you remember of them. Thx for sharing. Your Grandparents look great.

Queenneenee said...

Nice pictures, I was BORN in New London, CT.! Pretty cool huh??

Related Posts with Thumbnails