This piece was the hutch portion that goes on top of the buffet or other storage unit.
I did some modification to this piece so that Veronica could utilize the additional storage areas that my modifications afforded her.
Below are some photos of this piece and of the modifications that I made:
As with all of these projects, separating all of the pieces and hardware out helps make the job go quicker
This is where the modification began. We have 3 sizes of Ball jars with 2 sizes utilizing the same sized jar tops. I discussed with Veronica how she wanted these jars separated and customized this piece to her wishes
After laying out the various Bell jar tops, I used a heavy duty staple gun and a hammer and some very small nails to affix the tops to the underside of the units two shelves...actually the underside of the units top and then the underside of the units lower shelf. It was rather difficult to get the staples to penetrate the Bell jar tops plus there was an issue with the Bell jar lids slipping around a bit against the slick finish of the unit. The nice thing is that even if the job was not the neatest and cleanest job that I have ever done but luckily any imperfections in the affixing the lids to the unit, would not be seen at all once the unit was placed in its upright position.
Below you can see the dented Bell jar lids that occurred from trying to get the staples to penetrate the lids and affixing them to the underside of the shelves.
All Bell jar lids are attached to the unit at this time. Now it is time to turn the unit over onto its upright position.
It doesn't look like much yet but wait for it....
wait for it.....
Voila....here is the finished item. As I said earlier...because the larger diameter jar lids fit both the small flatter jars and the much larger bell jars, they are interchangeable to suit Veronica's needs
And here is the hutch attached to the buffet or lower storage unit in Veronica's craft studio.