Generac Generator Project Update And Other Tidbits

Our Generac whole house backup 22K generator has arrived. Most of the electrical work has been done in order to get our new generator up and running. The generator has been bolted down to the concrete pad it is on. The gas people were supposed to come here today to hook the natural gas line up to the unit from our main gas meter. Unfortunately the weather has not cooperated so the gas hookup has been postponed. Once the gas line is attached they will place a pressure gauge on the line to make sure there are no gas leaks.
An inspector will stop by to check the gauge and if all is well the inspector will sign off on that part of the project. 
Monday is the projected start up date on the generator but it will most likely be around April 1st due to some other things that Veronica and I are involved with.
Once the generator is up and running I will take some photos of the unit.
The front of the house is scheduled to be painted sometime during the first week of April with the end result photos to be taken after the completion of that job.
I have been slowly working on a few garden areas around the house so that I can plant some flower perennial bulbs.
We have a big garden island area in the front yard. We used to have a 40 foot tall Bradford Pear tree at one end of the garden island area but it fell down last year and we needed to have it removed and the stump ground down. Because the tree was well establish the root system was everywhere in the garden. It took me hours to cut through and dig up large thick sections of the root system that was part of this tree.
Once I removed as much of the root system as I could, I planted several peony bulbs in this garden island area.
I have also had to dig up and removed several dead bushes that were in various areas around the house.
I have another garden area that is directly outside of our kitchen dining room area. I need to get all of the weeds out of that area and then I will plant some larger varieties of dahlias.
I have also cleaned out the shed and got rid of some items that weren't going to be used.
I weeded out the corn garden areas and have started growing my tomato plants and sweet pepper plants inside by seeds and using a grow light. So far only the tomato plants have popped up. Still waiting for signs of the pepper plants to pop through the soil.
After the front of the house is painted, the generator has been installed and is up and running only one project will remain.
We are looking at removing our old wooden deck out back and putting in a new larger composite wood deck. If we go through with this project it most likely will not be done until late Summer or early Fall due to the contractors busy schedule. We will be stopping by his showroom in a couple of weeks to check out all of the various options available for this project.

Exterior Progress Update

After 3 days on the job the crew has finished wrapping all of the wooden trim on our house and shed along with replacing any areas of rotted wood before wrapping it and putting up beaded concealed vent soffits under the eaves.
Most of the gutters and downspouts have been removed and we are awaiting for the next crew to come in and replace all of the old stuff with new.
After that we will get the front of the house painted and have the Generac whole house backup generator installed. 
The last major project that will be done is have a new TREX composite wood deck put in to replace our old wooden one. No more rotting wood, staining or any other issues the come from having a wood deck...basically maintenance free.
I will take and post some photos as these project get completed.

Slow Progress On Exterior Projects

Due to the weather, progress has been slow on the exterior projects. Starting tomorrow a small crew will start wrapping all wooden trim surfaces of the house, remove and replace all gutters and down spouts along with installation of beaded concealed vent soffit under the eaves.
It will most likely take most of this upcoming week to get this project finished.
Once this project is completed we can move on to painting the front of the house along with having that new whole house generator installed outside.
I have several jobs to do myself that are piling up do to all of the wet weather.
Related Posts with Thumbnails