Finishing Touches To Our New Deck

Due to the fact that the facing of our new deck goes down to the ground and that I was afraid that when using a string trimmer it might damage the TREX finish upon contact between the facing and the string trimmer, I decided to use architectural concrete containing wall blocks around the deck. I also used marble chips between the blocks to fill in the spaces.
It made for a decorative pattern surrounding the deck. It will also keep out any animals that might want to take up residence underneath the deck.
I also used the marble chips under the bigger blocks to add some stability and help in leveling the blocks.
I lastly put some soil down and I will throw some grass seed on the soil in the Spring.
Below are photos showing the deck completely finished:







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails