The First Flowers Of The Year

With Spring time upon us, I have been starting to do my outside yard work. I mowed the yard for the first time of the year and boy was it tough. The grass was pretty high so it took me a while to get it done. I have also placed the mulch in all of the gardens and I planted a couple of Hostas around our Weeping Cherry tree in the front yard. Last but not least...I got the fountain and lights set up for the year. I always turn the fountain and fountain lights off during the winter months. I actually pull the under water lights out of the fountain along with the pump. I store them in a plastic container on the ground, in the garden, right next to the fountain itself. I also end up painting the fountain sections every year...just to keep them fresh looking. I hope that you enjoy the first flowers of the year...all daffodils. To get a close up view, just click on the picture. That will enlarge it.










11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lookin good! Such nice green grass. I want to roll around in it.

Toni said...

goofy girl thing, but the white daffodils made me cry -- my first poem (dictated to my Mom, when I was 2) was about THIS flower ... I also love your tree -- weeping cherry -- that's a poem that needs to be written, too.

♥ Kathy said...

Very pretty Rick! I'm impressed with your landscaping skills (especially after laughing at your home maintenance skills...) LOL

somethingcraftybydottie said...

wow the yard is look real nice. we have not stopped cutting our lawn but this happens on the west coast of Fl, is this a new Home? The other house you had shown your gardens at was also beautiful. You and Veronica are very Blessed.
Hugs to you both .
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

CIS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rainey said...

Your yard is so alive. Great job. Picture perfect.
The song, "The hils are alive with the sound of music", just sprang to mind. Thanks for sharing.

Mom At Home said...

I love your new daffodils, they look so cheery. Your flower garden is so pretty and your grass looks great. How do you keep the grass and weeds out of your flower garden, do you have weed fabric in the flower garden? Looks so nice, thanks for sharing your well groomed yard. Here in Colorado, we don't have the green grass yet, it will come. Thanks. :)

Amtrips said...

oh awesome shots rick, the flowers are so gay. happy lucky go types...

Rick Rosenshein said...

Hi MomAtHome,
When I first built the gardens, I pulled up all of the sod and grass. I then put some fresh dirt in, planted the plants and then added mulch. Once in a while I need to pull a few small weeds but for the most part, the mulch keeps the weed growth down. My biggest headache is when I spread grass seed, the wind always seems to blow some in the garden and a couyple of weeks later, I have to weed the newly growing grass out of the garden. Rick

CIS said...

Rick - thanks for the pics of the yard. It is coming to life. Looks great. Look at that grass!! I am a big proponent of a bit of sweeping green space that draws the eye to planting areas. So, you are a talented writer AND landscape designer. What can't you do, bro?

Sally's World said...

lovely pics, i miss having space like this and a garden!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails