A Day Of Relaxation

Today I spent the day taking it easy. I had to put a cold compress directly on my tongue because it swelled up on me. I did this several times today. I have been sticking to mainly soft foods....mashed potatoes and soft noodles. Of course there is some ice cream and popsicles and pudding thrown in there. I also watched a couple of fishing dvd's....not Wuthering Heights stuff but I enjoy them. Gets me excited about going to Canada to do some fishing.
I read something interesting today that I would like to share with everyone. Back in 2005, a Lake City, GA home was demolished as part of an ABC show called Extreme Makeovers. This is the show that Ty Pennington is in. The lucky couple whose house was demolished was chosen out of approximately 15,000 applicants. The family of the demolished house spent a week in Disneyland. While the family was at Disneyland, a new house (mini-estate looking home) was built for them. Atlanta-based Beazer Homes USA and ABC's "Extreme Makeover" demolished their old home and its faulty septic system. Within six days, construction crews and hoards of volunteers had completed work on the largest home that the television program had yet built. The finished product was a four-bedroom house with decorative rock walls and a three-car garage. The home's door opened into a lobby that featured four fireplaces, a solarium, a music room and a plush new office. Materials and labor were donated for the home, which would have cost about $450,000 to build. Beazer Homes' employees and company partners also raised $250,000 in contributions for the family, including scholarships for the couple's three children and a home maintenance fund. According to what I heard on the FOX tv channel, the yearly house taxes were also paid for the first 25 years. Now just 3 years after this beautiful house was built for this "deserving" family, the house is going into forclosure. The family used this free home as collateral for a $450,000 loan. The two-level home is set to go to auction on the steps of the Clayton County Courthouse Aug. 5. I think that all of the people that voluteered their time, the money donated for this cause and each and every person or business that was involved in this project, they are the true victims. I won't mention the family's name in order to protect their ignorance and totally irresponsible behavior, although you can find it all over the internet. I know that I will probably ruffle some feathers here but I have absolutely no sympathy for people that do things like this. I wish someone would give me a free home. They wouldn't have to send me to Disneyland, Disney World or any other nice place. Just shove me into a tent somewhere and get to building my new mini mansion.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Rico -- I've always thought that show way WAY overdid it on what they gave to the families ... still it torques me enormously to hear/read this, because the generosity and level of effort put forth by the folks who built that house? Clear indication of NO APPRECIATION!

Related Posts with Thumbnails