Medical Update

Veronica and I got up early again this morning and headed up to Norfolk, VA.
I had an appointment to see my Oncologist, so that we could get the results of the last 2 procedures that I had done along with the results of several blood test and a urine test.
All of my test came back as either being normal or no change since the last test or procedure was done. There is no bone cancer nor metastasis in my body.
I ended up giving some more blood so that they could run an additional PSA test.
With these recent findings, my Oncologist strongly suggested that I have a Prostate Biopsy done to get a more definitive answer as to what is occurring in my body. This test should be able to tell me whether I have prostate cancer, prostatitis or if my Mast Cell disease is effecting my Prostate. Depending on what the biopsy findings are will dictate what direction I need to go from that point.  
My Oncologist gave me the name of 3 of his top rated Urologists in the area. I will be reviewing their medical history and background and from there I will make a decision as to whom I will be allowing to perform the Prostate Biopsy on me. Not something I am looking forward to at all, but this is unfortunately the only way we will know with any level of certainty what I have.
I really hate being backed into a corner with no viable options other than to have this procedure done.
I could decide not to do it but if something is going on and I wait until years later to find out about it, it could very well be too late to take care of it with the outcome being on a positive note. 
I will have to decide by Monday as to which Urologist I decide upon and then make contact with him, so that I will feel comfortable with him doing the procedure. Plus I want to make sure that whoever does it will not just use a local anesthesia compared to what I want, which is a general anesthesia. Not doing general anesthesia as I want would be a deal breaker.
More info to follow.

1 comment:

Barbra Joan said...

Rick, you are way to intelligent to not have this biopsy done.. You shouldn't even be hesitating.. As for the procedure, my husband had this done so did my cousin and neither one said it was any more than a tiny sting.. with a local .
However you do it ... JUST DO IT!
Barbra Joan.

Related Posts with Thumbnails