Upcoming Canada fishing trip

After looking at the calendar, it dawned on me that Veronica and I only have about 10 weeks until we make our yearly journey up to Andy Myers Lodge on Eagle Lake in Canada. This is the trip that we both look forward to all year long. During the off season I bought quite a few new lures specifically for musky fishing. Below are a few pictures of just a small portion of the lures that I bought during the Winter months. Besides what is shown, I also purchased some 16" Grunts for trolling and a bunch of Bulldawgs. With the new fees that the airlines are charging for over weight luggage, it becomes quite a chore trying to pack everything up and still keep the weight under 50 pounds. I usually start early packing the gear up just to see where we are at on weight, yet making sure that we can bring everything. It gets to be quite the challenge. Each year that we have gone up the Andy Myers Lodge, I have bought and brought more tackle and lures...you know...all of that fishing stuff that us guys just can't do without. Each year I say that I don't need anything else but yet I always seem to end up at the same place...trying to make sure that all of my newly purchased gear makes it in the suitcase. I am very lucky and thankful in the fact that I am able to keep my gear at the house of a good friend of mine, who lives near Eagle Lake. This way I don't have to worry about bringing it all back each year. That would cost us a small fortune with the weight and extra baggage charges. One of these days Veronica and I might live up North, close enough to drive to Andy Myers Lodge and Eagle lake. Then we would not have to deal with the airlines at all and we could drive up there. Hopefully that will happen one of these days. Until then, I will have to keep my luggage scale close by.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails