Back On My Feet

This morning Veronica drove me to my Podiatrist appointment. I am now walking again with the aid of a walking boot on my right foot and my "Even Up" sole on the sneaker of my left foot. The first several steps were awkward but I am slowly getting used to taking baby steps again. There is still some pain...down about 60% from where it was pre-surgery. My doctor told me that I would have to wear the walking boot for about 2 1/2 weeks or so and that I also would need to do some physical therapy. He did tell me that after a period of time and doing what I am supposed to, that he is confident that the remaining pain that I have, will go away. Today I will be doing a little wash and do some cleaning up around the place...putting everything back where it belongs. I am not going to push it too much today, so the rest of the wash will have to wait until tomorrow. It will take a couple of days to get my walking legs back but I can't tell you how great it feels to be moving around again, instead of hopping on one leg. I called the Physical Therapy place and I am scheduled to go in there on Monday for my first visit. I am slowly on the comeback trail now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails